Forums > MaxMSP

Controlling lights with the power of your mind

July 2, 2013 | 1:58 pm

I’m trying to help my uncle get his invention off the ground. The Invention is to get the Neurosky mind wave headset, Max and Lemur (for manual) control of DMX lighting through Brainwaves. We have tried to work with the Neurosky developers and really got no where. This has been a a very long time in the making to get this far. We think we have all the right tools we just don’t know how to put it all together to make this work.

Please Respond
Michael Hollon
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

MJ
July 4, 2013 | 1:18 am

oh nice ! . want one too…

July 4, 2013 | 1:21 am

What do you want exactly?

July 4, 2013 | 1:47 am

Well as you point out, access to the neurosky SDK (if there is such a thing) is paramount.

If you cannot get this, then you’d have to have it reverse engineered, or you’ll have to find a different headset from a manufacturer that will provide you with what you need.

I have a colleague who has had similar horrible experiences with headsets. As far as I know his project is stalled, too.

July 4, 2013 | 2:04 am

Could I get Your Colleagues information?

July 4, 2013 | 9:49 am

I forget To add I need a developer.

July 15, 2013 | 2:17 pm

Wetterberg could you get me Your colleagues information so I can contact him.

July 15, 2013 | 3:52 pm

Kyle Machulis has done some work in this area, and has externals for working with Neurosky and Emotiv headsets.

http://projects.nonpolynomial.com/np_mindset/

July 15, 2013 | 4:33 pm

Andrew

Do you know anybody else besides Kyle that could help. I’m trying to get more than one person so if one person can’t help me then I have a backup option.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)