controlling Logic with Max

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:31pm

controlling Logic with Max

I have Logic 9 and Max 5 trial. I have the help for “ctlout” open, and I’m using this help patch to send midi control messages to Logic. First thing I did was double click ctlout and choose “from MaxMSP 1″. I also added a button to the left inlet of ctlout to bang the midi message set by the sliders repeatedly.

Everything works as expected for any operations that need a simple “do it” message, like record and play. When I try to control the pan of a track, everything falls apart. I’ve fiddled with all the settings in the Advanced Controller Assignments window. All I can do is get the pan value to increase by 1, or stick to -63 (depending on the settings in the Value section of the panel). If anybody can get a slider in the ctlout help patch to control the pan in Logic, please help me. Thanks.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:48pm

Nevermind, figured it out. Like most things in Logic, you have to decipher every detail in the manual 3 times with your secret decoder ring. I had to put the text “Lo7″ into the Value Change field where I wanted Logic to read the value from. A 4 year old could have made that interface more intuitive, but… I guess the Logic dudes got a lot on their plate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.