Forums > MaxMSP

Controlling one slider through another in specific way

April 14, 2009 | 12:21 am

I want to create a max pat in which I have one slider whose maximum value is 1 Let me call this HLslider. Whenever this slider goes to one,I want other slider to increment by 1. Next time HLslider reaches one the value of the other slider should be 2 and it keeps on increasing by steps of one whenever HLslider is triggered with 1 values that is HIGH.

Thank you,
Dhruv

April 14, 2009 | 12:27 am

Have a look at [sel] and [counter], something like the patch below.

lh

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 14, 2009 | 2:01 am

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dhruv

April 14, 2009 | 2:08 am

How can I reset the counter after the bigger slider reaches 127. After it reaches 127 I dragged it to zero and then I want the same process to carry on. For the next loop it directly goes to 127.

Thank you,
Dhruv

Eli
April 14, 2009 | 2:19 am

April 14, 2009 | 2:25 am

Thanks a lot, it helped!

April 14, 2009 | 9:53 pm

I have similar situation now,

Lets say I have HL slider whose min val is 0 and max val is 1 and it increments other slider by 1 everytime HLslider hits one which people have already demonstrated. Now lets say i have 2 controller slider which controlles the amount by the which HL slider should increment final slider. Like lets say I select 10 in controller1 slider and when HL slider goes 1 the final slider will give an output of 10. Now when I select 5 in controller2 slider and now whenever HL slider goes high(i.e. 1) I should get 15 in my final slider.

Thank you,
Dhruv

April 14, 2009 | 10:10 pm
Dhruv wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 23:53
I have similar situation now,

Lets say I have HL slider whose min val is 0 and max val is 1 and it increments other slider by 1 everytime HLslider hits one which people have already demonstrated. Now lets say i have 2 controller slider which controlles the amount by the which HL slider should increment final slider. Like lets say I select 10 in controller1 slider and when HL slider goes 1 the final slider will give an output of 10. Now when I select 5 in controller2 slider and now whenever HL slider goes high(i.e. 1) I should get 15 in my final slider.

Thank you,
Dhruv

and i thought i am in a bad situation.

April 14, 2009 | 10:16 pm

The objects you need to look at are [int] and [accum]. I’ll post an example below but I would really recommend working your way through the tutorials that ship with the max. I know at first it might seem boring but they are really informative and you’ll soon reach a level of competence and begin figuring things out on your own, which will feel extremely rewarding. Just to make it clear, I’m not saying that asking questions is bad, the forum is a great place to come for help, but if you look through the tutorials and helpfiles and references you might be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together yourself, which is much more fun!

lh

April 14, 2009 | 10:22 pm

Yes you are right, Its not boring though, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Dhruv

April 14, 2009 | 10:23 pm

Not a problem. Just out of interest, what is your patch going to do?

lh

April 14, 2009 | 10:33 pm

Its pretty huge to explain. In short I have made sql->java->MAX connection and I want max sliders to pull out certain images between endval and startval and also draw lines. Creating a collage at the end. Images are controlled through jitter(video triggering) and lines through MAX sliders.

Dhruv

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)