Forums > MaxMSP

Conventional Stuff

ATH
October 24, 2007 | 9:17 am

Hi,
Does anybody know, where I would find a conventional MIDI – Sampler , (e.g. Akai style)and a Conventional MIDI – Drum – Machine or Analogue MIDI – Synth programmed in Max MSP?

Thanks for Help

October 24, 2007 | 5:32 pm

There’s a nice series of tutorials up on the cycling website dealing with synth building in Max/MSP

http://cycling74.com/story/2007/8/20/111019/403

hope this helps,
dan

Quote: ATH wrote on Wed, 24 October 2007 03:17
—————————————————-
> Hi,
> Does anybody know, where I would find a conventional MIDI – Sampler , (e.g. Akai style)and a Conventional MIDI – Drum – Machine or Analogue MIDI – Synth programmed in Max MSP?
>
> Thanks for Help
—————————————————-

October 24, 2007 | 6:41 pm

Quote: ATH wrote on Wed, 24 October 2007 11:17
—————————————————-
> Hi,
> Does anybody know, where I would find a conventional MIDI – Sampler , (e.g. Akai style)and a Conventional MIDI – Drum – Machine or Analogue MIDI – Synth programmed in Max MSP?
>
> Thanks for Help
—————————————————-

Hey there ATH,

Do you know what you want it for? Maybe you could use the VST~ object in Max with a software sampler that you like. Maybe you can use inter-application MIDI to control your sequencer or something.

I think the short answer is no, not really. Not exactly like an akai with all it’s extended features and way of working. Tell us what do you need it for and maybe someone can recommend something.

good luck
Peter

ATH
October 25, 2007 | 8:37 am

Thanks for the hint. I looked through those tutorials and created a more sofisticated analogue synth, which could cover the analogue synth part. but a drummachine lie a tr808 being able to load samples and a sampler in the style of a akai would be great. I would use it to play music.

kind regards
ATH

ATH
October 25, 2007 | 8:40 am

Hi, thanks for your comment. I would use it to play around with music.
Drummachine could be tr808 style being able to load your own samples and Sampler should be style with a keyboard map to put samples in. I know the MIDI sampler Tutorial of MSP, but it should be more sofisticated with VCA and VCF etc.

Kind regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)