Forums > MaxMSP

Convert analog input from Arduino into sounds

February 19, 2013 | 11:59 pm

I’m trying to make my Arduino Uno to generate different sounds based on input data from an accelerometer(ADXL335). I am able to read input using standard firmata/Maxuino test but honestly I do not know where to go from there (I’m relatively new to both IDEs).

Any hints regarding how to set up / fun things I could try out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Vikash

February 20, 2013 | 12:27 am

try this

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 20, 2013 | 1:04 am

Hi Balam, thanks for the quick response! I’m not so sure how to add objects for reading serial and analog input, Is it simply a matter of copying from another patcher?

February 20, 2013 | 1:10 am

best way to learn is to play with.
is not easy but very rewarding
post you max patch.

February 20, 2013 | 1:23 am

Here’s what I have so far:

February 20, 2013 | 1:26 am

thanks
would be possible to do

copy compress
then paste.

February 20, 2013 | 1:32 am

Haha, I’ve just figured that out. Sorry about that!

February 20, 2013 | 1:37 am

from this you can figure it out.

February 20, 2013 | 1:45 am

I think I must’ve copied in the serial/analog read incorrectly, it’s not reading the analog input when I select the correct port at all anymore, though I really appreciate the help!

I know what I did wrong earlier with that patch (not linking any of the analog pins to the patch you sent me earlier) so I’ll play around with that once I get it working again.

February 21, 2013 | 4:14 pm

Here’s part of my updated patch, I’ve managed to get serial input working just fine, I’m just trying to get the accelerometer (x axis) it to trigger off the MIDI note below but Im not sure how to do that. any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)