Convert jit.matrix to list

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:45am

Convert jit.matrix to list

Hi, would it be possible to convert the values of a jit.matrix into a list?I
just need the values of the matrix but in a list format, in a message box
that I could send to an object that receives lists.

Thanks!


Rodrigo F. Cadiz, Ph.D.
Centro de Investigacion en Tecnologias de Audio
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
rcadiz@uc.cl
http://www.rodrigocadiz.com

#39811
Sep 18, 2008 at 1:57am

The ability to search the integrate docs you have
in Max would have saved you some trouble.

jit.spill

#140410
Sep 18, 2008 at 2:13am

Thanks! I actually did look at the integrated doc in Max 5, but couldn’t
find this object.
This is what I needed…. now, if instead of using jit.matrix I use
matrixclt for instance, how could I achieve the same result? (convert values
into a list).

Best!

Rodrigo

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Gregory Taylor wrote:

>
> The ability to search the integrate docs you have
> in Max would have saved you some trouble.
>
> jit.spill
> –
> knowledge is not enough/science is not enough/Love is dreaming this
> equation
>


Rodrigo F. Cadiz, Ph.D.
Centro de Investigacion en Tecnologias de Audio
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
rcadiz@uc.cl
http://www.rodrigocadiz.com

#140411
Sep 18, 2008 at 2:54am

On Sep 17, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Rodrigo Cadiz wrote:
> This is what I needed…. now, if instead of using jit.matrix I use
> matrixclt for instance, how could I achieve the same result?
> (convert values into a list).

I have an example called FungibleData, which can be found on my Max
examples page: http://www.xfade.com/max/examples

This example copies back an forth between many of Max’s “bulk storage”
data types.

That said, depending on what exactly you’re trying to do, the getrow
message to matrixctl outputs a list for the requested row. Maybe
that’s all you need?

-C

#140412
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:06am

Hi Chris,
I need all the values of the matrix into a list, not only one row. I could
go iteratively through all the rows and concatenate them into a unique
list… but that does not sound very efficient to me. BTW, how do you
concatenate several lists into one?
Thanks!
Rodrigo

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Chris Muir wrote:

>
> On Sep 17, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Rodrigo Cadiz wrote:
>
>> This is what I needed…. now, if instead of using jit.matrix I use
>> matrixclt for instance, how could I achieve the same result? (convert values
>> into a list).
>>
>
>
> I have an example called FungibleData, which can be found on my Max
> examples page: http://www.xfade.com/max/examples
>
> This example copies back an forth between many of Max’s “bulk storage” data
> types.
>
> That said, depending on what exactly you’re trying to do, the getrow
> message to matrixctl outputs a list for the requested row. Maybe that’s all
> you need?
>
> -C
>
>
>
>
>
>


Rodrigo F. Cadiz, Ph.D.
Centro de Investigacion en Tecnologias de Audio
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
rcadiz@uc.cl
http://www.rodrigocadiz.com

#140413
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:29am

On Sep 17, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Rodrigo Cadiz wrote:

> I need all the values of the matrix into a list, not only one row. I
> could go iteratively through all the rows and concatenate them into
> a unique list… but that does not sound very efficient to me. BTW,
> how do you concatenate several lists into one?

[zl join] will glue lists together.

Maybe you should post your patch so we can see what you’re trying to
accomplish.

-C

#140414
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:32pm

Hello Rodrigo,

Did you ever see this thread? :)

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=126307&rid=0&S=e7192682cfe3c1c588e084238911005e

Hope you are well. Will the flctk and its documentation be back online eventually? Do you think it will be functional in Max5 or only in 4?

Thank you.

All the best,
Klaas-Jan

#140415

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.