Forums > Max For Live

count~ in Maxforlive always resets after 1 measure

May 14, 2014 | 9:07 pm

Good evening,

I didn’t think I’d be asking a Maxforlive question… but, I am trying to make a "reverser" which listens to the last 20 seconds of audio, and when you trigger it, will play the audio that’s been recorded, reversed.

I am using 40-second long buffer to store the audio, which I store starting at the 0-second mark and at the 20-second mark, creating a sort-of circular buffer, using count~ and poke~.

Everything works great in Max. But, in Maxforlive, my count~ object resets after every measure! It’s supposed to count up to 960000, but it only gets to about 96000 before restarting. Is this a known limitation with Maxforlive?

Attached is the Maxforlive patch and the Max patch. The Maxforlive patch is mono (to make it easier to follow) but the Max patch is stereo.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Attachments:
  1. Reverser-2.amxd

May 14, 2014 | 10:20 pm

Never mind. count~ still doesn’t work in Max for Live but I got around it by using gen~ to write to the buffer. Turns out there’s another reason to use gen~, to work around nonsensical Max for Live bugs.

May 15, 2014 | 9:42 am

count~ appears to be working here ok in both MFL and Max. If you do manage to track down the problem, feel free to drop us a note.

-Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)