Forums > MaxMSP

Couple object's actions

June 28, 2013 | 11:33 pm

Hi everyone.
Does any one know if there is any way to couple two objects?
e.g. have two sliders or number boxes that will reflect any change made to the other and vice versa (being the vice versa the tricky part).

Thanks

June 29, 2013 | 12:00 am

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

June 29, 2013 | 12:43 am

Thanks Tobiasros, very ingenuous solution.
Still, some problems remain (e.g. if you repeat a number it is not transmitted), and although this particular problem would be easy to work around, this solution would not work for other objects (e.g. multisliders). I was wondering, before trying to find individual patching solutions for different types of interface objects; if there is not any way do this directly (e.g. thru dedicated objects, scripting names or other native software features)?

June 29, 2013 | 1:36 am

:-)

<code>

</code>

but wouldn’t it make sense just to have 1 interface object, if your multiples should anyhow be the same?

June 29, 2013 | 5:48 am

Thanks again, I think your proposal sets a good direction :)

As for your question, I am just creating two equal interfaces for one same patch but for two simultaneous users . One in a laptop, a the second will be using a tablet as a secondary screen (split screen with air display). Ideally, each change one executes will be seen by the second user.

June 29, 2013 | 6:03 am

ah, ok, don’t know if you then just want to mirror your screen…

but you can also just set user interface objects instead of triggering them…

<code>

</code>

June 29, 2013 | 6:19 am

that last one is the way to go, just prepend all the messages with "set" and it should work just fine – feedback killer :)

June 30, 2013 | 8:43 am

There’s also the sw object which does it via gating. It’s slightly different in execution but also works well.

June 30, 2013 | 5:07 pm

Another possibility…

<code>

</code>

June 30, 2013 | 6:27 pm

Also developed a solution ;)

thanks everyone

<code>

</code>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)