Forums > Max For Live

CPU 100% with automations from Live 8.1.3

January 5, 2011 | 8:34 pm

Hi all,

has anyone an idea why Live goes to 100% of cpu usage when I record automations for my M4L patch? It is a tool that outputs midi to a hardware synth (Microkorg). If i use M4L-stepsequencers is works fine, but if I route an LFO to modify a value on my patch Live CPU suffers as well. So maybe it has to do with the number of value-updates that are made in a specific time. If i set a mark on the automation string in Live without changing the value CPU remains normal. Can anyone help me with this?


January 6, 2011 | 12:00 pm

Sounds like you’re using old versions of Live and probably Max, as well. Newer versions of Max support parameter speed-limit and deferred output, which can be used to solve the issues you’re seeing.


January 6, 2011 | 3:20 pm

Thanx Jeremy, I´ll install the updates ; )


October 29, 2011 | 7:36 am

same thing here
i think it’s a big big bug, but still at ableton are not
helping with that.
a solution is: open one of your devices in
edit mode, suddenly the cpu drops to normality levels.

check my post and patches on the max4live tab of the foru
.

Cpu load and sliders


October 29, 2011 | 3:14 pm

That there are speed issues isn’t that surprising. One of the things which were enhanced with Live 8.2.x in comparison with 8.1.x is speed improvements.

When you use M4L you really do not want Live 8.1.x these days; get 8.2.6 and Max 5.1.9 and things are very likely to go different.


November 24, 2011 | 8:34 am

Thanx to Andrew Benson
i solved the problem.

Check your sliders or max device objects:
go into the inspector and set a reasonable update
time in misslisecond.
I was using 1 millisecond update for my sliders, which wasnt necessary
and sent CPU up to 200% sometimes.

100 milloseconds update is more than fine for most
of the automations!

:)


November 24, 2011 | 3:34 pm

Thanks for sharing! I think that might be the answer : )


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)