crash jitter 1.5.2 max/msp 4.5.5 quicktime.qts

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:25pm

crash jitter 1.5.2 max/msp 4.5.5 quicktime.qts

Hello-
I keep getting crashes when jitter try to use quicktime in my new laptop. The patches of the jitter documentation also crashes.

My old laptop, with the same installation works fine.
jitter 1.5.2
max/msp 4.5.5
quicktime 6.5
JRE2 1.4.2_03
.NET framework 2.0
and the same paths

I am suspecting that the issue has something to do with the video drivers and QT.

My machine specs are

HP pavilion dv8600
Intel Core2 duo T7300
nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
windows XP SP2

Does anyone have any clues? Let me know if you need
any more info-
thanks for any help

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:11pm

Are you aware that you are not using the latest versions of Max/Jitter?

Mattijs

Quote: alohasoundsystem wrote on Thu, 14 February 2008 16:25
—————————————————-
> Hello-
> I keep getting crashes when jitter try to use quicktime in my new laptop. The patches of the jitter documentation also crashes.
>
> My old laptop, with the same installation works fine.
> jitter 1.5.2
> max/msp 4.5.5
> quicktime 6.5
> JRE2 1.4.2_03
> .NET framework 2.0
> and the same paths
>
> I am suspecting that the issue has something to do with the video drivers and QT.
>
> My machine specs are
>
> HP pavilion dv8600
> Intel Core2 duo T7300
> nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
> windows XP SP2
>
> Does anyone have any clues? Let me know if you need
> any more info-
> thanks for any help
—————————————————-

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:09am

I had similar problems with QT using the latest max & jitter versions.

I discovered that if i uninstall the nvidia drivers max/jitter is inestable but the jitter-tutorialpatches don’t crash (create_a_matrix.pat, etc…)

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:56pm

I think I’m suffering from the same issue. I was trying to install max/msp (4.5.7) and jitter (1.2) for the last 2 days. Everytime i tried to add a jitter-object to the patch, the program chrashes and automatically closes. first i thought it’s a qt-problem and tried older versions. i also installed a fresh version of windows but nothing worked out. like aloha mentioned, when i deinstall the graphic driver (i have a nvidia geforce 8400gt card), jitter works.
has anybody a clue, what’s going wrong? thanks for any advices!

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:58pm

Hello, anyone found a fix for this issue with nvidia cards yet? I am trying to use jitter with my 8800gt and its crashing everytime I open anything Quicktime related.. (works fine on my little Eee PC with it’s lil’ integrated graphics card, but the system is far to slow to do anything useful with :P ) .

It works fine once I uninstall the nvidia driver, but then ofcourse anything graphics related runs rather slow!

Would be great if anyone could share their solution, if there is one :-)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.