When I try opening Max5 patches, I’m getting crashes. No log file.
Any advice what to cut out so I can at least get as far as seeing an error log?
Try surpressing [loadbang] objects (and similar) by holding down the command (or control) and shift keys when you load a patch, if it still works then something in your patch is causing problems, if not then perhaps you have an issue with your installation and you might want to try trashing your preferences or re-installing.
Thanks for the tip. What I found was, I needed to add all the Max objects to my Max path, and all the patches also. Then I didn’t have problems with loading. Now I am looking at performance, currently it is worse in Max6 than in Max 5. But that’s not surprising, it’s only reached initial release :)
I guess I should add, probably my patches will be much faster when a full 64-bit version is available. Currently I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and MAx is in 32-bit mode. Also I expect there will be some real improvements in the compiler over the next few years )
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74