Forums > Max For Live

creating a list on the same logical event

May 30, 2012 | 6:42 am

Is there a object that can create a list on the same logical event?
In this instance I am checking the names of the clips in a track, after all tracks have been called I want to put them in a list.
I am also aware about the object [thresh], but this won’t check for the same logical event and will add extra latency to the process, i assume.
Thanks!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 30, 2012 | 9:25 am

You could collect the names in [coll] which is handy for data management in general.

May 31, 2012 | 3:09 am

I have stored clip names in a coll object and now I want to output the stored values into a list so i can use them with the zl object. The problem is that the coll object dumps its contents in sequential order, and I want them in list format.

May 31, 2012 | 7:44 am

That’s what I was looking for, however I want to get to the route of the problem instead of using coll object as alternative (although it will work now I know how to create a list from it!)

Maybe this patcher will explain exactly what I am looking for…
How can I make a list when using a counter like this?

May 31, 2012 | 1:00 pm

So regarding the original M4L example you’d need to bang the group when the iteration is completed.
I would do this by testing the id number, also controlling a gate to avoid the error message at end.

June 1, 2012 | 9:20 am

zl group, is what I was looking for. Thankyou for your replies nicolas and broc.
Is it important to trap error messages like this? I have lots of occassions where i let error messages appear which don’t affect the patch at all.
Does it effect latency?

June 1, 2012 | 10:48 am

An error message means that the patch is wrong, ie. using an illegal operation. In situations where the result is not needed it may not affect further execution, but there is no guarantee if some parameters are changed. So it’s a matter of personal taste whether you are happy if the patch just works or you want a reliable solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)