Creating an object in max 5 vs. max 4.6

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:33pm

Creating an object in max 5 vs. max 4.6

When you create an object in max 4.6 i really liked how the pop up menu showed up with the different sections of objects that you could choose from if you wish.

Is it possible to get max 5 to behave in the same way? Thanks :)

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:40pm

On 20 oct. 08, at 23:33, chris wrote:

> When you create an object in max 4.6 i really liked how the pop up
> menu showed up with the different sections of objects that you could
> choose from if you wish.
>
> Is it possible to get max 5 to behave in the same way? Thanks :)

press ‘n’ to create a new object box, move the mouse to the left of
the object, and click on the blue ‘=’ sign which appears, you’ll get a
list equivalent to the old “New Object list”.

Best,
ej

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:54pm

Hi,

Make a new empty object. Don’t type anything or press enter, just place your mouse pointer on the left border of the object and a circle with an equal = sign will appear. Now click on that and you’ll get the list you want.

Best,

Nicolas

—————————————-
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:33:54 -0600
> From: the_man361@msn.com
> Subject: [maxmsp] Creating an object in max 5 vs. max 4.6
>
>
> When you create an object in max 4.6 i really liked how the pop up menu showed up with the different sections of objects that you could choose from if you wish.
>
> Is it possible to get max 5 to behave in the same way? Thanks :)

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive.

http://skydrive.live.com/welcome.aspx?provision=1?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_102008

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:08pm

Press “p” in an unlocked patcher and you will get a list of all the objects available to you. They’re categorised as well, which is useful.

If you press “n” max creates a new object box, then you can start typing the name of the object you want and max will create a little drop down menu of objects that begin with the characters you type.

There are many other keyboard shortcuts for commonly used objects and you can create your own custom shortcuts as well.

lh

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:52pm

The 4.x style categorized object menus are available after making an object box, or after beginning to edit an existing one. Move over to the right edge of the box and you will see an = button. Click on it. Your choice replaces the current object box text.

Also, if the clue window is open, a summary of the object under the mouse while using the menu will appear.

David Z.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:24pm

Ah brilliant, thanks everyone… I knew about many of the other creation keyboard shortcuts, like t, i, f, j, c, b, n and m… Just hadn’t tried hitting that little blue ‘=’ sign yet :) Apologies for the newby question!

This should hopefully be a bit faster for me to find useful objects while I’m still learning new ones. Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.