Forums > MaxMSP

Creating automation for the pictslider or appropriate equivalent

March 14, 2011 | 3:50 pm

Im looking for any ideas or suggestions on how I would go about setting up automation for the knob in the pictslider to follow..

March 15, 2011 | 12:20 pm

Have a look ad pattrstorage with interpolation recall. This way you can make multiple "snapshots" and interpolate between any of them

March 16, 2011 | 2:09 am

I ran into this problem myself when trying to automate a gesture performed on the magic trackpad, which was mapped onto a [pictslider].

I modified powmod’s (from recordlabelrecords.org) [datalogger] and created a 2-input data automator patcher, which works with floats too.

You can find it in my tool thingie, http://cycling74.com/toolbox/lao-patchers/ . (it’s [lao.auto2] – see the readme file for a demonstration)

Hope this helps :)

March 16, 2011 | 1:50 pm

Thanks for the input guys, ill have a look into both of them, im a bit of a newb so may take me awhile

cheers

March 16, 2011 | 4:15 pm

@moobla

re Frans-Jan Wind

here’s a handy utility, demonstrating how to interpolate between presets using [pattrstorage] – I won’t claim any credit for it; judging by the font and style it might belong to Volker Boehm I think. But maybe not

Brendan

Attachments:
  1. MetaSurface.zip

March 16, 2011 | 4:25 pm

pattrstorage is a handy solution, but although it’s easy to record the two different states (starting and ending), it is not as easy to record a particular action or input.

with my abstraction [lao.auto2], you can record two inputs simultaneously, and it records the rate of the inputs, so if you record a particular drawing motion on the [pictslider], it can reproduce the same drawing motion at realtime speed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)