creating inlets in [js] does'nt work like expected

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:27pm

creating inlets in [js] does'nt work like expected

Hi,
i’m created a [js xxx.js] object, opened the the js default text editor, typed in :

inlets = 1;
outlets = 2;

saved the xxx.js, but the object still has only one input and output.

In the tutorial files it’s done the same way… whats going on?

Jun 11, 2011 at 10:28pm

lol…. even if i copy the script of an tutorial “.js” with multiple outlets into a new by me created one it shows only one in- and outlet.

Jun 11, 2011 at 10:28pm

lol…. even if i copy the script of an tutorial “.js” with multiple outlets into a new by me created one it shows only one in- and outlet.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:13pm

Try saving the .js file, then either a) closing the parent patch and reopening it or b) including the line “autowatch = 1;” in your .js file and resaving it.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:13pm

Try saving the .js file, then either a) closing the parent patch and reopening it or b) including the line “autowatch = 1;” in your .js file and resaving it.

Jun 12, 2011 at 8:50am

Hi Chris;
thanks for the hint.

when creating a “js test.js” and defining multiple in- and outlets and saving it in the right search path ( options/ file preferences), returns no changes to the default.

cutting the “test.js” out of the name of the [js] object, opening the renamed [js], closing it again, pasting in the “test.js” in the object name again, returns the correct defined number of inlets and outlets for object.

That all happened on a MAC 10.6.5

Happy that it worked, disappointed about all the little catches that make out of MAX a real cumbersome experience.

I think that it would be a good idea to put the hole documentation into a wikipedia style, where users like me can write about the catches related to the topic and compliment the documentation.

Jun 12, 2011 at 8:50am

Hi Chris;
thanks for the hint.

when creating a “js test.js” and defining multiple in- and outlets and saving it in the right search path ( options/ file preferences), returns no changes to the default.

cutting the “test.js” out of the name of the [js] object, opening the renamed [js], closing it again, pasting in the “test.js” in the object name again, returns the correct defined number of inlets and outlets for object.

That all happened on a MAC 10.6.5

Happy that it worked, disappointed about all the little catches that make out of MAX a real cumbersome experience.

I think that it would be a good idea to put the hole documentation into a wikipedia style, where users like me can write about the catches related to the topic and compliment the documentation.

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:46am

I think that deleting and then undo-ing that delete using command/control+Z will work in this case too.

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:46am

I think that deleting and then undo-ing that delete using command/control+Z will work in this case too.

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:17am

Hi Luke,
you are right.

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:17am

Hi Luke,
you are right.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.