Forums > MaxMSP

creating pluin with max

February 12, 2007 | 7:20 pm

hello
im trying to create a plugin with max, i thought that building it would be the easy part of the process but when i look for it in the ableton live vst list its not there. i even tryed to build the first tutorial from the pluggo tutorials but none of my hosts is willing to open it for me.
maybe im neglecting a basic thing, but im sitting here for along time working on it and cant find that thing…
thank you

February 12, 2007 | 7:46 pm

are you sure the built file (dll or shared library or whatnot) is in the path that live is searching for vst plugins?

February 12, 2007 | 7:50 pm

very sure
i built a dll and i save it in my vst folder that live scans and rescans when i told it to.

February 12, 2007 | 7:56 pm

have you tried other hosts?
there’s one called vsthost (search for it on google), that is intended for testing and such. it allows you to just open a single specific dll file. unfortunately it is only for Win32, but i know that there are equivalents for OSX.

February 12, 2007 | 8:05 pm

i did try with nuendo, he shows me the plug in the plugin information but wont open it.
ill try now with a host like you said

February 12, 2007 | 8:20 pm

i wont work even with the vsthost,
i downloaded the pluggo junior pack now and they do appear in my live vst list…

February 12, 2007 | 8:29 pm

the problem has to be with the dll then. check the examples and make sure that there aren’t any problems in your build script.

February 13, 2007 | 10:10 am

February 13, 2007 | 10:25 am

YES!!!
thank you….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)