CS Step Sequencer in Live 9?

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:25am

CS Step Sequencer in Live 9?

Hi,
I am used to the CS Step Sequencer that came with M4L in Live8. A nice little device, working stable, essential for my live performances.
Now I want to use it in Live 9. Not only that i couldn`t find it, I can’t event use the old m4l patch. Displaying the notes from the clip on the button-matrix works fine. But i cannot do any changes to the clip.
Did anyone have this problem and maybe solved it? Or is there another stepsequencer that works with a time/pitch button matrix (unlike the Mark Egloff device) and works in Live 9?
I really hope, they didn’t enable the cs step sequencer to sell push, because the apc40 worked fine for me.

Thanks for help!

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:11am

Little things here and there were changed in Live 9 regarding M4L.
For example observing button presses from an APC40 is now 0 released, and 127 pressed.
So unless you want to comb through the CS sequencer to figure all of that out, you gonna need to look elsewhere.

There’s a few people who have put out sequencer stuff for the APC40.
Somewhere on the Ableton forums there is an updated script for Hanz Pertov’s APC_64_40, which seems the closest in relation to the CS sequencer in the matrix layout.

There’s also the NativeKontrol apc_CL3 template which is really nice, and now comes with apc carbon, the Push emulator.

I’ve seen a few other M4L devices floating around the internet too.

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:04pm

Thank You! The I didn’t know Hanz Petrovs script. I really like the step sequencer, works great! I will only have to find a way to combine it with the apc-TL1 from nativeKontrol, which I am using too.
Thanks for the advice.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:15am

have you tried this: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1436/m4l-drum-box
I may be out of scope :-) sorry !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.