ctlin/ctlout trouble: bypassing the need for setting "Monitor IN"

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:03pm

ctlin/ctlout trouble: bypassing the need for setting "Monitor IN"

i’m trying to get my BCR2000 to control the mixer. essentially a very elaborate remote script kinda thing.
i’m using ctlin to get the values from the BCR and then through the API objects to move the sliders. then the ctlout to get updates on the BCR if i move the fader in live.

the problem i get is that to get the midi into and out of my patch i need to set the midi track my patch is on’s MIDI input and output to the BCR and set the monitoring to IN… which gives me midi feedback and makes everything really finnicky.

my question is if there is a way to get midi into and out of my patch without being dependent on live’s midi processing. i want max to handle all the midi on this, not live sending it to max.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:38am

I think the all midi objects need the ability to set them to Live, or to any of the real Midi ins/outs. This would also be the easiest way to overcome these dreaded Live limitations like Live not being able to deal with sysex.

I would not worry about potential conflicts here. M4L is for power users, not for people who would get confused if I move a fader which is assigned to a control in Live and at the same time it does something in a M4L device.

Please just open it, no gates necessary, no gates wanted, at least give us the key to open them…

Stefan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.