Forums > Max For Live

Currently running max/msp has wrong architecture

March 26, 2013 | 12:38 pm

hi

I have live 9 and max 6.1 32 bit installed but when i want to edit a device in max for live i get this message in live status bar, "Currently running max/msp has wrong architecture – expected 32bit, found 64bit " max lunches anyway bit very unstable and crashes !
anyone has a solution for this ? i installed max 64bit but uninstalled it before installing the 32 bit version

March 31, 2013 | 8:29 pm

Same problem here. I tried unchecking and rechecking the "Open in 32-bit mode" option in the finder, but I’m still getting the same message. My plugs don’t even open in Max… Would be very grateful for a solution.
I’m on Mac, by the way… Don’t know if that makes a difference…

April 1, 2013 | 1:30 am

OP – please supply system details. If you believe you have the versions matched then please email full details into support.

Mac MFL users – please make sure you have all Live installer DMGs unmounted. Please note the Mac version of Max 6.1 is FAT – both 32 and 64 bit versions are installed from the same installer.

If this is not it, then please email all details into support

-A

April 1, 2013 | 7:10 am

Hmmmm…

I downloaded Live 9.0.2. to see if that would make a difference. Which it certainly did, but not in a good way: Now every time I try to load any m4l plugin Live crashes instantly. I’ll get in touch with support to see what the hell is up…
System: MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz i7, OS 10.8.3., Max 6.1.0

April 1, 2013 | 7:18 am

Solved! I updated to Max 6.1.1, and now everything seems to be back to normal again, including being able to edit plugins in Max…

January 6, 2014 | 6:54 pm

I am new to this and having the same problem. Should I just install the 64 bit version of Max instead? will this solve the problem? I’m aware that it has not been fully developed yet.

February 16, 2014 | 2:29 pm

hi! i had a similar problem here. i had to install max 32bit to use some 32 bit objets. but since i did max 4 live wont open any plugin. it says that "the selected application max couldn’t be charged. a 64 bits version is probably requiered. can’t i run max for live with my 32 bit max?

February 17, 2014 | 11:32 pm

Yes you can !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)