Forums > Jitter

cv.jit.features question

March 17, 2008 | 6:53 pm

hello,

I am looking for a .help patch that I came across a few weeks ago but cannot locate it now, maybe it is depreciated in the 1.6b bundle.

The patch was using the features2track object and a polling method, every 2000ms the object would realign the features being tracked within a bounding box automatically. I am also trying to incorporate the useroi function (box) with features2track rather than simple clicking and creating the boundary, I need to click and drag. ughh.

Any help on this would be great,
ty

March 18, 2008 | 10:01 am

What you describe sounds like the old "robust tracking" patch, that wasn’t particularly robust… It wasn’t using cv.jit.features2track but cv.jit.trackgroup, which has indeed been deprecated.

It would be easy to modify the existing cv.jit.features2track help file to do what you want. Using jit.3m on the output of cv.jit.track will give you the center coordinate (centroid) of the region you’re tracking. You can just automatically reset the features around this region. If objects move along the z axis, you may need to adjust the size of the window also.

Jean-Marc

March 18, 2008 | 7:14 pm

It wasnt the cv.jit.trackgroup object I had seen, this was either a .help file or an example posted where someone fixed the dragging of tracked points when the video is in low contrast. I had already considered reseting the points using the jit.3m object but the problem is that as the points move this coordinate value changes and I need a static zone.
thank you for the reply, I will keep hunting for this lost example.

Quote: Jean-Marc Pelletier wrote on Tue, 18 March 2008 03:01
—————————————————-
> What you describe sounds like the old "robust tracking" patch, that wasn’t particularly robust… It wasn’t using cv.jit.features2track but cv.jit.trackgroup, which has indeed been deprecated.
>
> It would be easy to modify the existing cv.jit.features2track help file to do what you want. Using jit.3m on the output of cv.jit.track will give you the center coordinate (centroid) of the region you’re tracking. You can just automatically reset the features around this region. If objects move along the z axis, you may need to adjust the size of the window also.
>
> Jean-Marc
—————————————————-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)