Forums > Jitter

cv.jit objects

April 16, 2007 | 8:20 pm

Hi,
Has anybody ever experienced any issues with the cv.jit object set crashing Max?

I recently installed them and initially had no problems, but for some reason including any cv.jit objects that are not simply an encapsulated max patch instantly causes Max to shut down.

My system is:

Mac Power PC G5 – Dual 2GHz
2Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.9
Max/MSP 4.6.2
Jitter 1.6.2
CV.jit objects set for OSX – Jitter 1.6 on PPC

Has anybody experienced this problem and know how to resolve it?

Cheers

Andy

April 20, 2007 | 2:21 am

Are you sure you don’t have another copy of the externals lying in your search path?

Do you get a crash log?

May 3, 2007 | 2:24 pm

Did you manage to sort out the cv.jit problem

I have a similar problem with instant crashes when using cv.jit.

However I’m using cv.jit with jitter 1.5 and max 4.5 on a pc. It’s strange because I’ve tried it on two different pc’s, both with the same software versions, and it works on one but not the other.

can’t figure out the difference… I’ve even swapped the graphics cards over.

any ideas

cheers

jonboy

May 3, 2007 | 2:44 pm

Quote: jonboyblue wrote on Thu, 03 May 2007 08:24
—————————————————-
> Did you manage to sort out the cv.jit problem

I haven’t heard anything yet.

> However I’m using cv.jit with jitter 1.5 and max 4.5 on a pc. It’s strange because I’ve tried it on two different pc’s, both with the same software versions, and it works on one but not the other.
>
> can’t figure out the difference… I’ve even swapped the graphics cards over.

The graphics card isn’t used at all, so it’s not the problem. Is it _all_ the objects or just one in particular that is causing the problem?

May 3, 2007 | 4:25 pm

It seems to be nearly all the objects

I’ve just been through them all and the only ones which don’t crash max are

stddev, variance and blobs.sort

don’t know if you can summise anything from that

cheers

jonboy

May 10, 2007 | 12:33 pm

did you try to disable your overdrive?

never had any bad experiences using cv.jit, but for me this turned out to be the problem when using the gem4max lib.

May 10, 2007 | 1:36 pm

Thanks for the advice

I’ve just tried that but no joy I’m afraid.

I’m stumped…

I wonder whether I need some specific video codecs installed. I really can’t think why it keeps crashing. Basically if I open up the cv.jit object guide and click on one, max tells me it has encountered a problem and has to close. error signature…offset 0002c1eb.

which doesn’t doesn’t really tell me anything useful and draws a blank on a google search as well.

cheers

Jonboy

May 10, 2007 | 1:43 pm

Hi,

Sorry I have only just realised that people were continuing this thread.

Strangely my problem resolved itself. I switched back to the older version of cv.jit – which worked without error on max 4.5 + jitter 1.5 and then the newest cv.jit update just started working on 4.6/1.6

So…. I have no idea how it worked but maybe try different versions of cv.jit?

worked for me

Best Regards and good luck

Andy

May 11, 2007 | 12:23 am

Quote: jonboyblue wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 07:36
—————————————————-

> I wonder whether I need some specific video codecs installed. I really can’t think why it keeps crashing.

I can’t figure out why it crashes for you also! At the very least, this has nothing to do with video codec. As I mentioned before, none of the externals use the graphics card, or any video framework.

The _one_ frequent cause for crashes is using CFM externals with recent Max/Jitter versions. However, that’s only on OSX. Sometimes, people will think they have the proper version installed but there is an older copy of the externals in the search path that gets loaded instsead.

If you’re on Windows, then I’m sort of stumped. I can’t reproduce on any machine I have access to.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)