Forums > Max For Live

Cycles, Meters not working in Edit mode

January 4, 2014 | 10:43 am

Hi, I’m new to Max for Live and have run into some troubles while running through the tutorials posted on youtube by Cycling74.

When I am editing a Max for Live audio device, I cannot monitor the output of a cycle~ object. I connected a cycle~ object to a number~ object but the only number it shows is 0. If I place the number~ object into presentation, save and close, the number~ object will update correctly as I play my Live session.

The same problem occurs when I try to use a meter~ object connected to a phasor~. The meter does nothing while I am in edit mode, even if I play my Live session. In the tutorial, the meter is animated while still in edit mode. If I add to presentation and save and close, the meter will animate in Live’s device window.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here? While I can still build devices without monitoring their outputs in edit mode, it is difficult for me to understand and debug what I am building if I can’t monitor the outputs without adding them to to the presentation, saving, and closing.

I’m running Ableton Live 9, Max 6.16, and OSX 10.9

Thanks for any help

Speros

January 4, 2014 | 10:44 am

Sorry, meant to write Max 6.1.6

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)