Forums > MaxMSP

Data storage advice/tips

January 14, 2013 | 10:04 pm

Hi!

I’m a big big patch and right now im trying to find a solution to one of its function. In this patch I’m steering a dot in a X,Y coordinate system rangeing from -0.5 to 0.5. The range is the scaled to a grid rangeing from 0 to 10 in a sub patcher. The goal is then to keep track of how long this dot, that im steering, has been in each grid, totally. Get it?

I’ve made an patch that wont do the trick but it might be of help understanding.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

MIB
January 14, 2013 | 11:00 pm

haven’t really tested it, but maybe something like this??

January 15, 2013 | 11:16 am

Yes that works in one way. But I don’t get the time, I get how much I’ve moved within this 10×10 square. I need it to count seconds :/ Another part of the patch actually does this with "Anal".

Uploaded a text file you can load into coll.

/Max

Attachments:
  1. Coll10x10.txt

January 15, 2013 | 1:54 pm

this isn’t perfect but you get the idea– use a matrix to store and modify your data

January 15, 2013 | 5:02 pm

Yes that did it! Many thanks! And that solution gave me another idéa to work on :) Change the color of every pixel in the jit.pwindow depending on time. LoveMax

January 16, 2013 | 12:16 am

I made some slight changes (objects coloured) so it’s a bit more reliable. (Needed pack instead of pak, a speedlim added and args to scale tweaked).
-T

January 31, 2013 | 7:30 pm

This works really good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)