delay: no such object

Sep 6, 2010 at 6:45am

delay: no such object

i just opened a patch that worked fine a few days ago and my delay objects are now apparently objects of my imagination. i opened the delay.maxhelp patch and got the same “delay: no such object” message. what happened? yes, i am noob.

thanks,
john

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:02am

the usual cause of this is if you have created a patch or abstraction of your own, and named it ‘delay’. If so, save the file under a different name and delete the old one.

If not, you may need to reinstall Max

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:51pm

thanks for the response. i haven’t named anything “delay” but i have recently downloaded patches off the max objects database. i’ve trashed them all and reinstalled max, but the problem persists.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:11pm

Check that there isn’t an external patch or object or anything in the Max filepath called ‘delay’; other than that, unless someone else chips in, you should maybe contact support.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:45pm

fixed! i dragged delay.mxo out of the max-externals folder and dragged it back in and now max agrees that it does, in fact, exist.

thanks,
john

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:05pm

glad to see you figured it out…
for future reference, also remember that if you have an object/abstraction/file named, ‘del’ within the Max search path, that will also interfere with registering any ‘delay’ objects(‘del’ is the shorthand name for the ‘delay’ object; never name anything of your own creation, ‘del’ or ‘delay’ or any other name or shorthandname already used by other objects such as ‘trigger’, ‘t’, ‘delay’, ‘del’, etc.).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.