delay objects does not work

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:34am

delay objects does not work

did anybody had the same experience:

some simple del objects to delay bangs stopped working in my patch the bang went through without any delay… typing in a new default delay length like “del 3000″ did not help, after deleting the object and putting it new in the patcher the effect went away?

but i have so many dels in my patcher i do not want to set up them all new.

anyone with the same issue?

thanks,
joa

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:27am

Hey,

I’ve experienced this a couple of times as well. Replacing the object solved it as well.
I don’t know how to solve it in another way, maybe look in the textfile if the delaytime is still there?

Oh and by the way, when I use the debugger to go through my patch stepwise, it won’t pass a delay object, it will do something else and doesn’t come back to the delay. why..?

And something else…In my patch there were suddenly going 4-5 lines to the same input of a patcher I put in…very very strange.

Bas

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:58pm

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:49pm

Hey ej,

Your completely right, I must have made that mistake as well. I thought you could only set the delaytime in the right inlet, or as an argument in the object itself.

Problem solved :)

Bas

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:28pm

Quote: BasS wrote on Thu, 07 August 2008 15:49
—————————————————-
> Hey ej,
>
> Your completely right, I must have made that mistake as well. I thought you could only set the delaytime in the right inlet, or as an argument in the object itself.
>
> Problem solved :)
>
> Bas
—————————————————-

Since about Max 2.5.7 if you send an int to delay’s left inlet… guess what? Like so many objects, it changes the main parameter *as well as* triggering the object’s standard response. It’s probably the first part of this convention that is tripping you up.

– P.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.