Forums > MaxMSP

Dialog crashes Max in two different patches – bug?

February 28, 2008 | 9:55 am

February 28, 2008 | 10:04 am

Quote: Roald Baudoux wrote on Thu, 28 February 2008 10:55
—————————————————-
> Hello,
i confirm, i experienced crashes as well using the dialog object , and also had the crashes you mention while using Pelado’s p.storage patch.

> I have two patches which crashes Max and I suspect the cause is the dialog object.
>
> 1. The first patch is the help patch from p.storage (Pelado’s abstraction to manage presets with pattr – see here: http://www.pelado.co.uk/2006/05/23/pstorage/).
> 2. The second one is a personal one (see below) and it functioned quite well on my G4 and crashes Max now on my MacBook Pro.
> My configuration: MacBook Pro Dual Core II/2 x 2,33 GHz RAM 2 GB – MacOS 10.4.10 – MaxMSP 4.6.3+Jitter 1.6.3
>
> Both patches crash almost immediately when the dialog window opens or after just a few characters have been typed.
>
> So it it dialog or is it something else? Should I reinstall or expect a corrected object from C74?
>

February 28, 2008 | 11:54 am

February 28, 2008 | 1:46 pm

February 28, 2008 | 2:04 pm

February 28, 2008 | 2:49 pm

February 28, 2008 | 7:42 pm

February 29, 2008 | 12:24 am

I spent a while trying to find Roald’s problem of p.storage crashing when using dialog but couldn’t reproduce it, however afer installing maxtoolbox Max did indeed crash when I used the dialog object with both p.storage and the dialog help file.

I suppose this means that it’s not a problem with p.storage. It’s simple to turn maxtoolbox off when its not being used through the extra that’s included with the package. I didn’t get round to trying Emmanuel’s alternative.

pelado

March 1, 2008 | 5:44 pm

I’ve had dodgy experiences with [dialog] ever since OS X, with or
without toolbox. I’d recommend avoiding it and rolling your own.

M

On Feb 29, 2008, at 1:24, pelado wrote:

>
> I spent a while trying to find Roald’s problem of p.storage crashing
> when using dialog but couldn’t reproduce it, however afer installing
> maxtoolbox Max did indeed crash when I used the dialog object with
> both p.storage and the dialog help file.
>
> I suppose this means that it’s not a problem with p.storage. It’s
> simple to turn maxtoolbox off when its not being used through the
> extra that’s included with the package. I didn’t get round to
> trying Emmanuel’s alternative.
>
> pelado
> –
> http://www.pelado.co.uk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)