Forums > Max For Live

difference between live.object and live.remote

March 8, 2010 | 11:23 am

Hej everyone,

I always fail to set up live.remote to do anything.
I navigate to it exactly the same way I navigate to.live.object, which works fine.
Aren’t both objects working the same way, beside that live.remote us operating at sample rate and live.object isn’t?
I also tried the live.remote help patcher but it isn’t working either.
Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 8, 2010 | 6:00 pm

If you control a parameter with live.remote~ it’s disabled for live.object. So you have to decide how you want to control a parameter. Live.remote~ is said to be more heavy on cpu, but it has less latency. Next patcher controls master_track volume using live.remote~ and panning with live.object.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 8, 2010 | 11:27 pm

thanks, but it’s still not working, unfortunately. Again, live.object works as it should while live.remote is just not doing anything. I have to check out tomorrow, if there are any newer versions of live or max. The patcher above is working in your live?

March 9, 2010 | 10:13 am

The patcher from xanadu works for me.
But live.remote seems to work in editor mode only if Preview in ON.
I’m not sure if that’s normal behavior.

March 9, 2010 | 8:29 pm

Broc’s observation is correct. Preview must be on. If you open the maxhelp screen of live.remote~ you’ll see the same construction, but there the parameter panning is swept from left to right every 5 seconds, using a cycle~ with a ‘hot’ connection to live.remote~. This too only works when preview is on.

Of course these devices are also working in non-edit mode.

March 13, 2010 | 6:09 pm

it is working now. I figured out that I needed to save the patch first to make it work. That a bit nasty while programming, but at least it works. Thanks for you help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)