Forums > MIRA

DIFFERENT LANGUAGE PROBLEM

July 1, 2014 | 3:57 am

I FOUND THAT THE OBJECT LIVE.TAB DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE ACCENT. ANY IDEIA TO SOLVE THIS WITHOUT CHANGING THE OBJECT?

July 2, 2014 | 7:29 am

Not so much a language problem, but probably a more general problem with accented characters.

Since Ableton lives in Germany (rather than an English-speaking country), they ought to be aware of the problems in using accented characters. But we still have some objects (not necessarily from Ableton, but from all sorts of places) that have problems with characters beyond old-fashioned seven-bit ASCII. So, unless you can give us a specific patch with your specific problem, that’s the first guess.

Off hand, the first workaround I can suggest is to avoid using accents. I realize this is not good for Portuguese (nor for German, French, nor almost any other language). But maybe it will at least get your patch to work?

July 3, 2014 | 2:18 am

Hi Peter.
Thanks for the ideia. The main problem it´s that the software i´m working in it´s for school with students. So it´s better to avoid the language errors.

Best Regards

Nuno

July 3, 2014 | 9:31 am

OK, I understand the desire to stick to correct Portuguese. And, in 2014, it ought to be possible to do so.

Could you post a small patch demonstrating your concrete problem? There may well be a way to fix the problem. But it’s hard to know without seeing exactly what you’re doing.

July 3, 2014 | 10:39 am

What exactly is the problem? – I’m not an expert in Portuguese but accents seem to work 100% here:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
  • This reply was modified 3 months by  leafcutter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)