display a waveform with multislider object

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:50pm

display a waveform with multislider object

Hello, I asked this already a while ago, but didn’t get a reply so far.
How can I display a wave-form from a buffer rough quantized with a multislider?
The image of the multisliders should be similar to a waveform object but can be way less precise.

I need the multislider to display the content of a buffer on an iPod via C74, which doesn’t support the wave form object.

can anybody help?

best,

frank

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:44am

This might be close:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Multislider isn’t the prettiest way to draw. Maybe jsui would do better.

mz

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:06am

hey that’s really cool, mzed, that’s the best one I’ve seen so far.
Care to break down what’s going on in the patch for us? I have a bit of trouble adjusting this to what I’d like to try, at the moment (drawing a la abs, to 64 sliders). This’d be fun to use on the Lemur.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:27am

Ah. I cobbled together something decidedly low-tech out of this, hehe. It’ll suit my needs, but some sort of interpolation on the line would be really cool.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:06am

Thanks. That helps a lot. an interpolation on the lines would indeed make it even better.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:30am

How about this – it seems to work alright with one-shots like bassdrums and such.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:23pm

Although you figured it all out, here’s a version with more comments.

I also made the drawing nicer, with a rms as well as a peak version.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:33pm

thanks! That’s amazing – oh, and thanks for teaching me about the “bubble” option for comment. Brilliant.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:40am

Right, this will be the last one I do of these, hehe.

This is a waveform readout for the Lemur. It uses the breakpoint object, and it looks, frankly, amazing.
It automatically normalizes the display, and since it’s the breakpoint thing you get a nice line between each point.
Remember to set the breakpoint to attaction=0 to avoid interaction with it, and set light=-2 to remove the points and only show the line.
Also, note that my osc address for it is lowercase, whereas the standard osc address is capitalized.
This is what it ends up looking like on the Lemur:
http://i.imgur.com/j3Emy.png

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:07am

this is awesome…

but i am having the worst time trying to get it to connect with my padi through osc. done all what i needed but still nothing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.