display only slider with a certain value

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:28pm

display only slider with a certain value

Hi,

Ive been messing around with the rslider. How would I (could I?) get this patch so that if the rslider is at the top it only shows (or highlights) the slider with a high slider position, and if its near the bottom it only shows the slider with a low position..any tips, mods etc would be great!

J

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Dec 5, 2012 at 5:33pm

but the rslider, can be at the bottom and to at the same time…
Could you be more specific ?

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:37pm

I can’t really understand what do you wish to do?

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:07pm

I mean, can you use the rslider to only display interface elements which are within a certain range, so if the rslider is set between half way and the top you only see faders/ dials etc which have their value between half way and maximum..In short, I’d like to use the rslider to adjust the display.

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:55pm

Oh. Check out Max Javascript tutorial #2, if you want to really dig into it.

this is the suckers, easy way, but it only works in presentation mode.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:05pm

Cool- thanks for this. I will look into the tutorial. In the meantime, is there any way to stop the rslider changing the slider position in your patch (which currently happens) but rather only displaying it if it falls between rslider values?

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:36pm

This way the fader will disappear if rslider goes below the value the fader is showing, the fader works independently from rslider now.

Mind you, Java tutorials are quite complex if you don’t know any javascript. I don’t unfortunately so I can’t really help you there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.