displaying the same content in different umenu objects – object oriented max??

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:52am

displaying the same content in different umenu objects – object oriented max??

Hi everybody,
i’m working on a preset management system for my patch where the user can name his presets. The presets are then accessible from a umenu so that he can recall them. Two other umenus are used to enable morphing between the presets.
Does anybody know if it is possible to have these two morph umenus to display the same information as in the master umenu? I want them to refer to the same object (not max object but object oriented object!) as the master umenu.
For the moment I just append the items to the morph umenus. I would like to find a more elegant solution. Any ideas?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 12, 2011 at 10:18am

With a little work, yes. Instead of using the menu directly, make an abstraction that includes the menu, and whatever send/receive/forward stuff to let multiple copies of the abstraction communicate with each other.

Once this is done, you can include your new abstraction as a bpatcher in your main patch.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:14am

I usually put the menu and associated receive patching inside a bpatcher, you can then kind of forget about it.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 12, 2011 at 1:40pm

or build the multiple menu’s from the contents of one named coll, update menu’s upon patch load/preset save/etc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.