"distortion" with [sample] in "wave" mode

May 15, 2013 at 4:05am

"distortion" with [sample] in "wave" mode

Hi,

I try to find a workaround to this wave~ issue using gen~ but I’m afraid I didn’t make any progress: in the following patch you can hear an ugly modulation when changing the loop points. It seems to be it’s because of sample handling strangely those boundary changes.

Does somebody have a nice suggestion to help me? (I was so proud to get this palindrome loop so easily ;-)

<pre><code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code></pre>

May 21, 2013 at 12:14am

Nobody? :(

p

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:41am

Perhaps you want to only change the start/end points of the loop when the loop reaches a boundary? The [latch] operator may help. Feed your in2 and in3 inputs into the left inlets of latches, and some control signal into the right inlets. The control signal should be 1 when the loop boundary is reached, and 0 otherwise. E.g. The [== -1] fed through a [not] might be a good control signal.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:25am

Graham, many thanks for your answer.

Not need for a not, but rather for an history. And some way to get the system starting (forcing the latch to send the boundaries)!
It sounds much much better, but of course there is one loop delay before the range is updated, which may be a problem especially with long loops.

But why doesn’t it work the way I did it first?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.