Forums > MaxMSP

Distributing a standalone

August 7, 2006 | 10:14 pm

Hi all,
I have a patch that uses almost a gig of external audio/video files and I would like to distribute the standalone app without having to send a gig file. The patch also includes licensed vst plugins that the other party will have installed on their computer. Is there a way to use file search preferences in a standalone?

Thanks for any thoughts,
Sam

August 8, 2006 | 4:42 am

When making your standalone, I believe there is an option to "Utilize Search Path from Preferences File", or something of the sort, which will cause Max to use those paths to give the collective/app its own preferences file that includes those paths.
Additionally, the [filepath] object allows you to edit the search paths in the preferences file directly from your patch.

Cheers,
Mike

August 9, 2006 | 7:39 pm

Thanks for the input. Also, do you know if there is a way to use jsui objects in a standalone? I have had no such luck.

Thanks again,
Sam

August 9, 2006 | 7:53 pm

Another issue I’m having is that I have Loadbangs triggering soundfiles in the begining of the app. Since the user has to choose the search path with "filepath" it is too late to find the file and the filepath is not saved for the next time the app is opened.
(I hope that was clear enough)

Thanks,
Sam

August 9, 2006 | 8:20 pm

Sorry, I finally figured out the JSUI issue. I had to move the JSRef library to the other computer.

August 9, 2006 | 8:37 pm

isambad it’s you?

kroustaliov i mean..

:-)

Il giorno 09/ago/06, alle ore 22:20, SamB ha scritto:

>
> Sorry, I finally figured out the JSUI issue. I had to move the
> JSRef library to the other computer.
>
>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)