Forums > Jitter

[DIY ] links/tips for laptop lcd conversion into monitors

June 28, 2006 | 7:35 pm

Hi List ,
i am looking for some DIY receipes to convert old laptop lcds, video+photo camera lcds, cellphone lcds… into monitors ( which can be hooked up to another computer, dvd player or video camera…)
i know the process is not that easy and is different for each brand, so if anybody had success with it , links and tips would be hihgly appreciated .
i am open to any suggestions and hints . i would preferably go for lowtech and cheap solutions .

muchisimas gracias . a bientot .

( i did not take the time to browse the archives , so i apologize if it is a recurent topic : pardonnnez moi )


June 28, 2006 | 9:31 pm

the problem with this idea is that most lcd use custom hardware voltage(?)
drivers that cost alot of $$$.
i use a psone lcd display which has built in video-in. great 5" display and
dirty cheap. you can strip it out of its beige package and slap some Nice
clear pvc around it.

http://www.vjforums.com/search.php?searchid=96096
check google for [psone lcd]
also check google for [DIY Projectors diyaudio]

2006/6/28, karl-otto von :
>
>
> Hi List ,
> i am looking for some DIY receipes to convert old laptop lcds, video+photo
> camera lcds, cellphone lcds… into monitors ( which can be hooked up to
> another computer, dvd player or video camera…)

i know the process is not that easy and is different for each brand, so if
> anybody had success with it , links and tips would be hihgly appreciated .
> i am open to any suggestions and hints . i would preferably go for lowtech
> and cheap solutions .
>
> muchisimas gracias . a bientot .
>
> ( i did not take the time to browse the archives , so i apologize if it is
> a recurent topic : pardonnnez moi )
>


June 28, 2006 | 10:16 pm

On 6/28/06, yair reshef wrote:
>
> http://www.vjforums.com/search.php?searchid=96096
> check google for [psone lcd]
> also check google for [DIY Projectors diyaudio]
>

Also, ask to [phys-comp] mailing list!
And search in makezine.com site!

pc


June 29, 2006 | 12:43 pm

thanks for tips , i was aware of makezine.com .
any other tips ? there must be more stuff around …
in peace,
k

Quote: ebmoluoc wrote on Wed, 28 June 2006 16:16
—————————————————-
> On 6/28/06, yair reshef wrote:
> >
> > http://www.vjforums.com/search.php?searchid=96096
> > check google for [psone lcd]
> > also check google for [DIY Projectors diyaudio]
> >
>
>
> Also, ask to [phys-comp] mailing list!
> And search in makezine.com site!
>
> pc
>
—————————————————-


June 29, 2006 | 1:15 pm

Also try hackaday.com one of my favorites.

B

On Jun 29, 2006, at 7:43 AM, karl-otto von wrote:

>
> thanks for tips , i was aware of makezine.com .
> any other tips ? there must be more stuff around …
> in peace,
> k
>


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)