DJ Style Filter

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:21pm

DJ Style Filter

Hi,

I want to build a DJ style filter to include in my channel strip. What I mean by ‘dj style’ is those 3 bands EQs on dj mixers, that dramatically cut and also, boost certain freqs.

The problem is I have no idea where to begin…

Can you help me?
Just an object to look at, some tricks, examples…
just to get me started…

thank you very much.

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:37pm

have a munch on [filtergraph~] and [biquad~]

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:43pm

If you look at the guitar processing series you should find the answer to the EQ – http://cycling74.com/2008/09/03/max-5-guitar-processor-part-2/

That EQ is more than you typically find on a DJ mixer. DJ mixers usually having only Shelving EQ where the frequency is set and you can turn it up or down but not change the freq or Q (bandwidth).

You put in kill switches pretty easy if you look at tutorial.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:12am

hey,

That EQ is more than you typically find on a DJ mixer. DJ mixers usually having only Shelving EQ where the frequency is set and you can turn it up or down but not change the freq or Q (bandwidth).

that’s exactly what I want!!

thank you very much for the answers.
as well as nice resources that you recommended me (guitar processor tuto is a bomb! though I don’t play guitar…), I could find some other stuff here and there.

the very important thing I’ve learned is, (maybe for you guys it’s already obvious but…)

NEVER USE THIS FORUM’S SEARCH FUNCTION INSTEAD USE GOOGLE

in this forum, if you type in
‘eq’ or ‘dj eq’ or ‘dj filter’
the result is none.
NONE.
and if you google it, then I’ve got more than 10 posts from this forum related to one of that subject.
it’s weird.

so, I won’t post ‘where to begin’, ‘some exmaples?’ type of questions anymore, I guess. Thank you anyway for your patience.

again, if you’re new here, keep in mind

NEVER USE THIS FORUM’S SEARCH FUNCTION INSTEAD USE GOOGLE

the search function in this forum is useless crap.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.