DmxUsbPro-object with Enttec device: no connection in Live?

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:56pm

DmxUsbPro-object with Enttec device: no connection in Live?

Hi,

For some years now I use the DmxUsbPro-object in Max to communicate with my Enttec DmxUsbPro-device in order to send and recieve data. I never had any problems with this application.

When Max For Live came out, I integrated this DmxUsbPro-object in a Live-instrument, so I could control all dmx-controlling knobs and buttons directly in Live, without the unhandy midi-connection between Max and Live I used before.

This worked fine, until some time ago.
(I didn’t have the time yet to solve this problem, but it is over 8 months old…)

Now, when I open the MaxForLive-instrument in Live, I can never establish a connection with the Enttec-hardware.
When I open the MaxForLive-patch in Max, there is no problem, but no matter what I do: I can never connect with the hardware in the Live-environment. Thus, I can no longer control dmx-controlling knobs and buttons directly in Live.

This is a huge obstacle, because I used to assign certain knobs on my APC40 Live-controller specific to dmx-controlling functions: sound and light controlled on one board you see…

I searched the web, but didn’t even find someone with a simular problem yet.

You all are my last hope…

Thanx in advance,

Laurens

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:29pm

Can’t help you until I see the patch, all I can say is that it is working for me.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:19am

Well… it is just the standard patch made by Olaf Matthes; in attachment!

Attachments:
  1. UsbDmxPro.amxd
Apr 25, 2012 at 8:01pm

Any possible progress or workaround with the above matter?

I’m also here banging my head on the walll … The DMXUSBPRO works great in the m4l plugin window when edited in max domain but when I save it and try to use it as a m4l plugin in live the device is not found…

I hwould hate to run max on the background just for this.

Thanks!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.