Do break watchpoints work in M4L devices?

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:17am

Do break watchpoints work in M4L devices?

I’m using M4L and have a patch that isn’t working as expected. I’m in Max and, following the help, I enabled debugging then added a watchpoint – break to an appropriate patch cord.

Nothing happens. I have a print object also on that patch chord and I can see messages flowing across it but the debugger doesn’t trip at all.

I’m not generally convinced any of the debugging stuff works very well in M4L because the watchpoint – monitors often don’t seem to keep count properly or display things that I can see travel over chords via prints.

Should this stuff be working? Any ideas why it might not be working for me?

Live 8.2
Max 5.1.5
OSX 10.6.4

Thanks.

Matt

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:24pm

Hi Matt,

Do you have debugging enabled and the debugger window open?

Can you send a simple example along where the debugger isn’t working? Watchpoints and break points appear to be working here as expected. It should be noted that debugging from scheduler thread is disabled while an MFL device is open in the Max editor.

To save a patch with the watchpoints, go to Preferences->Save watchpoints in patcher and check the box next to it.

thanks,
-Ben

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:35pm

Hi Ben.

“It should be noted that debugging from scheduler thread is disabled while an MFL device is open in the Max editor.”

This sounds important but I don’t understand it. When would I be debugging from the scheduler thread? And when would I not be debugging from the scheduler thread?

I don’t have a simple example of watchpoints not working because it’s really something I’ve only just observed, I’ll have to see.

Thanks.

Matt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.