Forums > MaxMSP

draw a waveform in a multislider

max
March 7, 2009 | 10:14 pm

Hi list,

I would analyse a waveform ,a sine by exemple,and translate these values in a multislider with 512 values to create an lfo-like with the multislider object.

Somebody could help me??

thanks a lot.

Max

March 7, 2009 | 10:22 pm

Scott Wieser’s custom wave maker may give you a few ideas. I used this patch to create my own wave drawing tool when I first started using max, I haven’t done anything with it for a while but if you want a look I could dust it off and show you the improvements and additions.

lh

http://www.geocities.com/snottywong_1999/maxmsp/

March 8, 2009 | 1:29 am

maxd wrote on Sat, 07 March 2009 16:14
I would analyse a waveform ,a sine by exemple,and translate these values in a multislider with 512 values to create an lfo-like with the multislider object.

Try this out. I’m really liking the sounds I’m getting from it, especially with the interpolation that multislider/pattrstorage provides.

Now for some FX…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 8, 2009 | 4:58 am

seejayjames’s patch is really nice. just in case you need basic LFOs, though, you might try something simpler like the patch i’ve attached to get things like sine, triangle, etc. (insert your own shapes as well; also, i built this with 128 size multislider so you just have to rescale it and swap out 128 from all the equations with 512)

best of luck.

ah, love that "edit" button. just reread that you’d like to analyze the waveform. seejay’s patch is the one to go with. I misunderstood and thought you’d like to generate mathematical LFOs into a multislider and then read from them at audio-rate.

max
March 9, 2009 | 2:59 am

thanks a lot!

Max

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)