Forums > MaxMSP

Dropfile problem in Max5

May 17, 2008 | 12:35 pm

I’ve got a weird problem, I think due to the dropfile object in Max 5.

Basically, it is rather picky about which folders it will accept and use to populate a umenu…if I drag in a folder of sounds, it will sometimes not accept it and say "buffer~: /foldername/: can’t open" in the Max window.

The strange part, though, is that it will accept every file in that folder individually and load it into the buffer no problem. It just doesn’t want to accept that folder as a whole. That same folder loaded fine in v4.6, as well.

Other folders of sounds work no problem, and I can’t see any pattern. Here is a test patch if anyone wants to try it out. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

May 17, 2008 | 1:00 pm

Yann Seznec schrieb:
> Other folders of sounds work no problem, and I can’t see any pattern.
> Here is a test patch if anyone wants to try it out. Any suggestions
> would be great, thanks.

If you copy that original error message, someone might see the pattern
maybe.
And I guess you know that in Max 5 buffer~ won’t load SDII files, they
would produce an error message like that. (But that would be a too easy
to grab pattern… ;-)

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

May 17, 2008 | 1:06 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot about sdII files, I’ll take that out now. It doesn’t seem to help my problem.

Here is a screenshot of the bug in action…I’ve got a folder with only one audio file in it. If I drag the audio file in it will load into the buffer, but if I drag the folder in it will give me the error message.

This only happens with some audio files, and it mostly seems to happen with audio files that I’ve made myself!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)