Dumping only certain members of a coll

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:57pm

Dumping only certain members of a coll

I’m trying to dump all lists in a coll that start with a certain number. I made a patch that tests the first number in the list and opens a gate if it matches:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Unfortunately, it doesn’t come out right. I suspect it has to do with timing issues, but putting a defer or delay on the data before reaching the gate hasn’t helped. Can somebody please help me sort out the timing of this simple sieve?

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:08pm

unless I’m misunderstanding, try this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Feb 18, 2011 at 8:14pm

Thanks MIB, that’s exactly what I was trying to do! Max’s timing still confuses me a bit sometimes.

It seems that my main problem was I needed to use trigger to make sure the calculation was done first, and my other problem was I needed to store the index so it wouldn’t get lost before the gate opened.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:40pm

I think your timing was alright (unpack was to the right of gate), the trigger just makes it explicit. but you did indeed loose the index due to ordering issues.

one way to check your ordering would be to add breakpoints and activate the debugger. that should clarify things. it’s worth the exercise to add breakpoints to both patches and see where they do different things…

glad it helped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.