Forums > MaxMSP

Dynamic FFT or Brickwall or….

September 17, 2009 | 11:00 pm

I created a tape loop machine which builds feedback. I’d like to filter the audio output of the tape machine real-time with max. I’m not sure which objects to experiment with most.

I’d like to select the frequencies I allow to pass VIA midi and have max determine partials to pass also.

When NO midi note is present, everything passes. MIDI should trigger the filter. I’m not sure how to dynamically control the filter with midi.

Any Help is appreciated.

September 18, 2009 | 3:36 am

You could have a look at the "forbidden-planet.maxpat" in your Max examples.
J-F

September 18, 2009 | 5:36 pm

I have looked at that.

right now I’ve got a filtergraph to biquad which is controlled via notein. The filter range is so broad though, and it still allows all other frequencies through, just at a lower volume. How do I get tighter control.

September 18, 2009 | 6:49 pm
evanlivingston wrote on Fri, 18 September 2009 13:36
right now I’ve got a filtergraph to biquad which is controlled via notein. The filter range is so broad though, and it still allows all other frequencies through, just at a lower volume. How do I get tighter control.

What mode is the filtergraph set to, and what is the Q?

September 19, 2009 | 2:45 am

Ive got filtergraph set to bandpass and I believe Ive got Q set up to the modwheel, so it changes. I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what Q is. I also don’t understand what the other coefficient inputs on filtergraph do.

September 19, 2009 | 12:57 pm

if you want to get more accurate frequencies, you should maybe not use fft at all, but, for example, biquad~ or svf~.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)