Forums > MaxMSP

E-mailing from Max/MSP

June 15, 2009 | 5:40 am

I’ve been successful with jit.uldl for getting data to/from my website, and now I’d like to go a step further. Is there any way to have Max send an e-mail message?

June 15, 2009 | 8:22 am

[mxj net.mail.send]

Check the help file, and especially the small characters at the bottom!

p

June 16, 2009 | 1:27 am

This is a silly question, but what help file? I only know how to get to general mxj help from the object itself. I went through the cycling74 program files and found net/mail/send.java, but no documentation for it.

When I try to make "mxj net.mail.send" I get 8 different cryptic error messages that deny creation. I just updated to the newest version of Java about an hour ago.

June 16, 2009 | 2:09 am
skrasms wrote on Mon, 15 June 2009 07:40
Is there any way to have Max send an e-mail message?

Yes: goto this archive

June 16, 2009 | 9:18 am

Option-clic (or Windows’ equivalent keystroke) on [mxj net.mail.send] should open the net.mail.send.maxhelp help file. If it doesn’t, the file resides where you expect it to be: Max5/Cycling’ 74/java/help/

p

June 16, 2009 | 3:59 pm
skrasms wrote on Mon, 15 June 2009 20:27
This is a silly question, but what help file? I only know how to get to general mxj help from the object itself. I went through the cycling74 program files and found net/mail/send.java, but no documentation for it.

When I try to make "mxj net.mail.send" I get 8 different cryptic error messages that deny creation. I just updated to the newest version of Java about an hour ago.

From the help file: "This class requires the free JavaMail and the JavaBean Activation Framework libraries. Installation instructions can be found in mxj tutorial number 9."

June 17, 2009 | 3:19 am

Thanks for all the explanation! The irony is that I couldn’t call the help file without the object being instantiated, but the object couldn’t be instantiated without the files the help file says to get… : )

After installing the necessary Java files, I went through the help file and looked at mxj tutorial 9. I am able to instantiate the object now, but I haven’t been able to make it do anything yet. The help file isn’t able to send a message.

October 30, 2013 | 6:15 pm

Hi I can’t arrive to send a mail with [mxj net.mail.send], can some body help me I’m new

how can i instal

This class requires the free JavaMail and the JavaBean Activation Framework libraries. Installation instructions can be found in mxj tutorial number 9.

were is mxj tutorial number 9? I have max 6.1 with mac osX lion.

i get this and i dont know how and were instal the free JavaMail and the JavaBean Activation Framework libraries

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.MessagingException
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.lookupClassData(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:220)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.doLoadClass(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:111)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.loadClass(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:88)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
(mxj) unable to alloc instance of net.mail.send

Thanks allot

October 31, 2013 | 2:50 am

this thread could help you:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/net-mail-problems/

and this is also a useful link:

http://compusition.com/web/articles/maxmsp-eclipse

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)