eeg and fffb~, why not?

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:11pm

eeg and fffb~, why not?

I’ve never done much with audio and I’ve been searching this forum and the internet for ideas about how to filter brain wave information into theta, alpha and beta frequencies. It seems that people usually use fft, I haven’t seen anyone use fffb~. But I tried it and I can’t perceive any problem with this method. It seems to work, but it’s too simple. Maybe I am misunderstanding something big. In this patch, the eeg values (microvolts, offset by 4000) are coming from OSC at a rate of 128 per second. I would appreciate it if someone could look at it and caution me about potential problems. Thanks so much.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:47pm

I’m dying to know what you’re using for your eeg hardware and communication to Max…

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:48am

For the moment, I am using the emotiv headset, but it belongs to the place where I work. Someone here wrote some code to send the values to OSC. They said they will put that code online, but the code isn’t finished enough yet. What do you think about the patch, do you think that this is an accurate way to measure the different frequencies?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.