Forums > MaxMSP

Error I've never seen… StretchDlBits

July 1, 2007 | 4:47 pm

I’ve never been able to run multiple instances of one of my home-made Pluggo plug-ins without crashing Cubase, so I finally sat down and spent about 10 hours tracing out the problem. I think I’ve finally isolated it, but now I’m left with an error message that I don’t understand.

I narrowed the problem down to a single (albeit large… 26 pages of code) jsui object, and isolated that object out. Now when I run multiple instances of a plug-in with that object inside the vst~ object I get occasional errors in the Max window along the lines of:

"jsui error StretchDlBits error:0"
"jsui error StretchDlBits error:8"
"jsui error StretchDlBits error:6"

I have no idea what "StretchDlBits" means, but I think these errors are what crash Cubase. Can anyone translate?

July 1, 2007 | 7:11 pm

After some googling, it looks like it’s StretchDIBits, a function in the Windows GDI.

I’m really stumped here. Is this something I can or can’t work around somehow?

July 3, 2007 | 5:41 pm

Aaron Faulstich schrieb:
> After some googling, it looks like it’s StretchDIBits, a function in
> the Windows GDI.
>
> I’m really stumped here. Is this something I can or can’t work around
> somehow?

I don’t know anything about Windows, but according to your experience,
I’d try to look into variables which might need to be local/unique for
each instance.
You could also try if one of the standard JSUI objects, maybe one of the
dials, exhibits the same behaviour, if yes, it should go to support,
because then those have to be fixed as well.
As you tracked it down to be related to JSUI, you might want to move the
thread to the Javascript list…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

July 6, 2007 | 12:39 am

I thought about the javascript forum, but the problem only exists when the patch is in Pluggo form. It’s a combination of Pluggo/Javascript, so I put it here to avoid limiting the views. I don’t mind moving it, but to be honest I don’t know how to move messages.

I’m pretty sure the local/global variables are all setup correctly. I’ve gone over them all many times, and I don’t have any problems when running copies of the same jsui in a regular max patch.

Oddly enough, the error messages when running the plug inside Max have stopped today (having changed *nothing* in the patch, just rebooting my computer) and multiple instances are working.

It’s still crashing Cubase SX, though. I’m starting to think there may just be too much going on in the patch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)