errors compiling with external library

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:21pm

errors compiling with external library

hi all.

i have a problem including a 3rd party library into an external. to compile the stuff i use “visualStudio express” (yeah its for ms_win…). as far as i can see, the project is setup fine (i just use a previous one, where the external runs fine and included some lines of code and the lib…) but i get this error in max, when i load the external:

error: Error 998 loading external …

if i want to compile a static-library somehow it does not work out at all… i’m not so familiar with this things on windows… so if anybody is, i would be happy to get some hints how to solve this problem…

thanks!
greetings
io

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:55am

Hello Ingo,

As you can see from the lack of response I don’t think this specific
Win32 message has been reported or at least no workaround has been
provided by the excellent Cycling ’74 support staff — (imagine
that!); certainly the line that the compiler reports with the code is
a first so certainly sending over the code would help immensely in
your situation.

-=brandon=-

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 5:21 AM, ingo randolf wrote:
>
> hi all.
>
> i have a problem including a 3rd party library into an external. to compile the stuff i use “visualStudio express” (yeah its for ms_win…). as far as i can see, the project is setup fine (i just use a previous one, where the external runs fine and included some lines of code and the lib…) but i get this error in max, when i load the external:
>
> error: Error 998 loading external …
>
> if i want to compile a static-library somehow it does not work out at all… i’m not so familiar with this things on windows… so if anybody is, i would be happy to get some hints how to solve this problem…
>
> thanks!
> greetings
> io
>

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:01pm

what’s the library? also, if there’s an associated dll, you should probably make sure that there’s a copy of it in the externals folder (or somewhere in the system path, i.e. C:WINDOWSsystem32)

May 6, 2008 at 4:02pm

it is a library for a i/o-controller.
(http://www.hw-group.com/products/io_controller/index_en.html)

today i figured out something, so propably you are right and this error is related to some library issues…

i cannot use the external in max (still getting the error 998) but if i make a standalone-version of the patch (just using this one object) and put the external manually into the application-folder of the standalone, it works!

but if i try to put the dlls it uses into the external-folder still in max i cannot use the object…

if somebody wanna have a try, here’s the sdk:

http://www.quitch.net/~ingora/HWg_SDK_Setup_4.6.0.exe

and here the src of the external:

http://www.quitch.net/~ingora/externals/src/iocontrol_src.zip

any ideas?
thanks.
ingo

May 20, 2008 at 8:45pm

solving the riddle…

there was some problems in the library, got a new one from the developer, so everything is working now.

i/o

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.