Forums > Max For Live

Everytime I save a patch all settings are reset

November 14, 2013 | 7:20 am

This has been driving me crazy. I know how to save presets but sometimes I just want to open a patch and tweak it and then close it and have live remember where everything was set before. As it is if I tweak a patch and close it every single parameter resorts to it’s default state. On top of that it also erases any presets I made before editing the patch.

Argh!

I’ll be super happy when I figure out how to squash that problem.

edit: more info, if I save the live set I can open the patch and edit it and when I close the editor I get my settings back BUT the problem there is that during editing the settings are all at default. Would be excellent if the settings made in live were retained when I click edit.

November 14, 2013 | 12:10 pm

Agreed, this happens all the time!

Cheers
D

November 14, 2013 | 2:02 pm

Is it a bug, a setting or a patch deficiency?

November 14, 2013 | 4:39 pm

I’d suspect it’s a patch deficiency regarding initialization order.
Can somebody provide a simple example for reproducing the problem?

November 14, 2013 | 4:44 pm

I think its actually all of my patches. I have number boxes and sliders and dials and when I click edit all of them go to default in the edit window and when I save and close the edit they are at default in live. It really should open in edit with all of lives current settings and then keep those settings when done editing.

November 14, 2013 | 5:16 pm

Just did a quick test with a device that contains only a live.dial visible in presentation. After saving the device in Live I set the value to 32 and then click edit. Value 32 is retained. In the editor I change it to 64 and save the device. Value 64 appears in Live. So for me it seems to work as expected.

November 14, 2013 | 7:36 pm

Looks like I should talk to Ableton support about it.

For a long time now I’ve been experiencing a crash of the Ableton Index upon exiting the program. I’ve been ignoring it cause "what do I care if it crashed after I closed it" but maybe it’s related to this issue. Time to kill 2 birds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)