Forums > Dev

External displayed as folder

December 18, 2006 | 2:24 pm

Dear developers,

Since a month or so my own pre-UB externals are displayed as folders in finder and no longer recognized by max. It looks similar to what happens when you choose show package contents on an application. This started on one computer and now happens on other computers as well. Could it be that something changed recently?

I don’t have much experience with the way OSX handles files/folders so it would be more than welcome if anyone could give me a clue about what’s happening. Does someone recognize this problem?

Mac OS 10.4.8, Max 4.5.7

Thanks in advance,
Mattijs


December 18, 2006 | 2:41 pm

Ok, solved. I had no luck searching this forum, but google delivered some results on other forums where this problem is discussed. Taking terms from those threads into this forum, I stumbled upon

http://abstrakt.vade.info/?p=62
This solves my problem.

It seems to be a special case that has something to do with SubEthaEdit (that I just installed on several of our systems). It would be a good idea for c74 to include this info in the sdk examples.

Cheers,
Mattijs


December 20, 2006 | 10:46 am

Quote: Mattijs wrote on Mon, 18 December 2006 15:41
—————————————————-
> Ok, solved. I had no luck searching this forum, but google delivered some results on other forums where this problem is discussed. Taking terms from those threads into this forum, I stumbled upon
>
> http://abstrakt.vade.info/?p=62
> This solves my problem.
>
> It seems to be a special case that has something to do with SubEthaEdit (that I just installed on several of our systems). It would be a good idea for c74 to include this info in the sdk examples.
>
> Cheers,
> Mattijs
—————————————————-

FWIW, for mzed, this problem also occurs with the CNMAT OSX-MachO externals distributions. Putting Pgkinfo files in the bundles would solve this problem.

Mattijs


December 20, 2006 | 4:43 pm

Quote: Mattijs wrote on Wed, 20 December 2006 11:46
—————————————————-
> FWIW, for mzed, this problem also occurs with the CNMAT OSX-MachO externals distributions. Putting Pgkinfo files in the bundles would solve this problem.
>
> Mattijs
>
—————————————————-

Same for jasch.. probably for every external built from the examples.

Mattijs


December 20, 2006 | 9:50 pm

On 20-Dec-2006, at 17:43, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:

> Same for jasch.. probably for every external built from the examples.

Actually DDZ’s tutorial does say to includ PgkInfo.

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


December 21, 2006 | 9:37 am

it didn’t when i did the porting (aug 06).

i’ll add those (manually, ugh) when i have a moment.

/*j

>> Same for jasch.. probably for every external built from the examples.
>
> Actually DDZ’s tutorial does say to includ PgkInfo.


December 21, 2006 | 10:33 am

Quote: jasch wrote on Thu, 21 December 2006 10:37
—————————————————-
> it didn’t when i did the porting (aug 06).
>
> i’ll add those (manually, ugh) when i have a moment.
>
> /*j
>

That would be great!!

Mattijs


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)