Extraction of data from matrix signal

May 4, 2008 at 1:54pm

Extraction of data from matrix signal

Hi All,
my first time on the forum, so apologies for any etiquette issues.

I’m trying to use the the RGB data from a matrix signal to control parameters of Max objects. The idea is to divide the screen into a grid depending on the location of the cells, and then from each of these areas extract any changes in the RGB information to affect various parameters.
I’ve looked through the helpfiles and tutorials and not found anything specific. The jit.scissors divides the screen up but i still havent found a way to extract the RGB. I tried the Suckah, but as far as i’m aware it’s dependent on the mouse position, whereas i am interested in any change in any RGB value within certain sections of the image.

Sorry for the length of the query but i’m trying to be clear.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

May 4, 2008 at 6:23pm

To get arbitrary sub-matrices use jit.submatrix, its far more versatile than jit.scissors.

If you want to know the RGB values of a subsection (the matrix output of scissors or submatrix), you can:

a) use jit.3m to get the min/mean/max of the submatrix as a whole. This is pretty fast.

b) use the getcell message for each plane. This is a standard jit.mop message, which is in the HTML documentation.

May 4, 2008 at 6:38pm

Thank you so much for your prompt reply,
i went on to built a matrix of jit.3m objects from he jit.scissors outputs, which did the job ok, but i think i’ll definitely try your suggestion. i hadn’t seen the jit.mop either so that’s great tip.
Thanx once again for you help.

May 5, 2008 at 1:27am

Quote: vade wrote on Sun, 04 May 2008 14:23
—————————————————-
> b) use the getcell message for each plane. This is a standard jit.mop message, which is in the HTML documentation.
—————————————————-

meh? thought this only worked for jit.matrix.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.