Extreme problems with pictctrl formatting!

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:01pm

Extreme problems with pictctrl formatting!

what a headache! it’s not a problem with pictctrl, but getting illustrator (or anything!) to export the correct format to make my own dials. I can get close, sooooo close. but the farthest right image always gets a tiny piece cut off of the right side of it. and it seems like often, when I’m suuuure that my pixel math is right, when i try to turn the dial my picture slides just a little to the right. this is killing me! and im on osx so no knobman unfortunately. any tips guys?

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:17pm

maybe one picture is missing? if the range is from 0-100, that makes 101 frames …

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:48pm

thanks for the quick reply roman!

I don’t think the range of the output and the number of pictures used have to be related, and the problem isn’t that. i think my frames must not be spaced perfectly because as i scroll through each frame with the dial, the image shifts slightly to the right, then the border of the image gets truncated by a pixel or two (enough to make it look unprofessional) on the last frame. has anybody done this with photoshop or illustrator before?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.