Forums > Misc

False username displayed on C74 website

November 19, 2013 | 11:39 am

Hi,

I was just looking at the topic ‘random thoughts about teaching Max’, and at the top of the page and to the right I was misidentified as another user. It said ‘Hello Ginger!’, and clicking on the link took me to a list of this user’s posts. I wasn’t logged in at the time so it surely should have displayed ‘click to login’ or some such.

November 19, 2013 | 1:44 pm

Hi @goodparleyandorfing.

I am Ginger. Ha… what a weird thing to happen.

Is this still happening right now?

November 19, 2013 | 1:46 pm

Also, if you can give me some details like your browser and OS versions, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

November 19, 2013 | 3:08 pm

Hello Ginger.. Yes, it just happened again when I was looking at Darwin Grosse’s MGraphics wiki page. I’m logged in now as well, so it’s strange..

I’m on Firefox 25.0.1 and OS X 10.6.8.

I didn’t hack into your account, I promise!

November 20, 2013 | 9:36 am

Thanks for the info!

Looks like the login stuff is related to the Wiki pages. So that error when you were looking at Darwin’s page makes sense to me. This should be addressed now.

But the first incident was from looking at a forum topic? Did you by any chance visit a wiki page before or after that page?

dtr
November 21, 2013 | 9:59 am

Same thing happened to me 1 or 2 days ago. I noticed being identified as Ginger just after editing a wiki post. I next clicked the forum link and I was me again. I always thought being someone else for a moment would feel spectacular but in fact I didn’t feel anything. Disappointed!

November 22, 2013 | 1:38 pm

It was fun to be Ginger for a while in the wiki header, but this has been fixed. Thanks again for the reports!

November 25, 2013 | 2:21 pm

It’s kind of good to be me sometimes. :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)